Wednesday, July 2, 2014

YIKES!

This is my latest layout for Child's Play Challenge.  The inspiration for this challenge was the childhood toy, "Colorforms."  I loved playing with Colorforms when I was little; the last set I remember getting were Smurfs.  But what I really remember about this toy was the smell.  The plastic scent was part of the fun of getting a new colorform set because you knew they were fresh and would cling onto the board.  The smell was as wonderful as a new can of Play-doh or pack of crayons....I'm weird.....Anyway, I found this picture of my daughter on the slip and slide and instantly thought of colorforms.  Why? Because when you get a slip in slide out of a package, it reminds me of the smell of a package of Colorforms!  On a sidenote, my daughter is slip in sliding two weeks after a winter storm hit....The weather in the Midwest is something else!

2 comments:

  1. I love how you linked Coloforms and the Slip-n-Slide, and I totally get what you mean about that plastic scent. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable layout!!! Love the colors!!

    ReplyDelete