Monday, May 16, 2016

SQUIRT

This is my latest project for The Memory Nest using
the following sketch.  I'm a Doodlebug Designaholic...I'm not sure there is a Doodlebug paper line that I have not instantly fallen in love with since I started scrapbooking.  And even though the Anchors Aweigh line is more of a boy themed paper, I knew a cute little girl who would look adorable on a layout made with this paper. Finding Nemo is one of my favorite movies of all time.  My husband and I love Dude Crush, so when I found this "Squirt" costume, I knew a cute little toddler who could rock the turtle look.  Minus the crock pot in the background, this is one of my favorite pictures of my daughter, so I decided to feature it on this project.  I took a few liberties with this design such as turning the picture vertical and extending the "ribbons" above the title strip at the bottom of the layout.  But overall, I love that I finally found the perfect paper for my little "Squirt"!

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute layout! Those papers are perfect and I love your take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous page and great paper choices to show off your super cute photo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cute! I love that costume and how you extended the banners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job incorporating the banners into the entire layout! Great PPs too! Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This came out adorable!! LOVE the papers and the turtle!!

    ReplyDelete