Monday, August 8, 2016

A DAY IN PARADISE

This is my latest project for The Memory Nest using the following sketch.  I love Doodlebug paper.  I may have a small issue buying way too much Doodlebug paper...So I'm always looking for ways to use the variety of patterned papers I've accumulated, and the sun's rays on the sketch instantly inspired me.  As I was going through pictures, I found these of my daughter at our local amusement park at the Icee stand.  My daughter has a food allergy therefore can't eat most of the treats that children eat at amusement parks like ice cream cones or funnel cakes.  What she can eat is an Icee.  She is actually a frozen drink connoisseur.  When she first spotted this store, she literally thought she was in paradise.  The bright colors of the Icee stand reminded me of the bright colors in Doodlebug's "Fun in the Sun" collection.  As a result, this project came together super fast, and I was super pleased I was able to use so many Doodlebug papers on one page!



2 comments:

  1. What a sweet page! Great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the colors and pp, and the story behind it is wonderful. I have a daughter who has had several food restrictions, so to find a perfect place for them is like finding gold. Beautiful take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete