Monday, December 12, 2016

HOLLY JOLLY


This is my latest project for The Memory Nest using the following sketch.  I am a Christmasaholic.  My favorite day of the year is the day our local radio station changes over to 24/7 Christmas music.  I put up my Christmas tree a week before Thanksgiving every year. I have a slight addiction to Christmas wrapping paper. And I have had a blast over the years with our family's Elf on the Shelf "Holly Jolly." Last year, my youngest daughter asked the dreaded Christmas question; the one I feared for years...So I was surprised and eternally happy when she pulled Holly Jolly out of the box this year and asked, "Mom, are you still going to hide her for me?"  The answer, "OF COURSE I WILL!"  So in honor of Holly Jolly's "release" from her box, I decided to feature some of her favorite "hiding spots" from around my house over the years.  She's ridden a wooden reindeer, hung out in a Christmas tree wrapped in toilet paper, & hoarded peppermints wearing soccer pre-wrap around her head.  (Holly Jolly has always been a bit mischievous).  To pull this project together, I used paper from Authentique's Retro Christmas Collection.  I followed the sketch closely but decided to add a few paper ribbons to the top to add even more holiday spirit to the page.

1 comment: