Monday, January 16, 2017

THIS IS YOUR YEAR TO SPARKLE

This is my latest project for The Memory Nest using the following sketch.  A couple week's ago, I came across the Simple Stories "Happy New Year" collection.  I loved all the bright colors set against black and white backgrounds.  But I didn't think of New Year's Eve when I saw the line; I thought of my daughter.  Her birthday is the first week of February.  She is such an enthusiastic, happy child.  The vibrant, energetic colors of the papers made me think "birthday" instead of "New Year's," so I decided to feature some of my favorite pictures from her birthday last year using this line as the backdrop.  The different size blocks featured in the sketch were ideal to highlight the journaling cards that fit perfect for a birthday theme.  In addition, I used my square punch to cut out different patterned papers from the line to accent the pictures from her party. 






1 comment: