Saturday, January 21, 2017

XOXO

 This is my latest project for Sketches in Thyme using the following design.  I have been obsessed with HGTV show "Fixer Upper" here lately.  I love the vintage look Joanna Gaines creates in the houses she refurbishes on the show.  When I saw the Authentique "Fabulous" collection, it reminded me of items Joanna would use to decorate a little girl's room.  And I knew the little girl who would be the perfect subject matter for this paper; my oldest daughter.  When she was younger, she was the epitome of girly girl.  She loved dresses, dolls, singing..I snapped this picture of her when she was five talking on the phone cuddling with my brother's dog.  I have taken thousands of photos of her over the years, but this one has always been one of my favorites.  It's as if I took a picture of her ten years in the future.  Overall, I loved how the soft, dainty prints in this paper line pulled this project together.

No comments:

Post a Comment