Tuesday, February 21, 2017

SWEET MEMORIES

This is my latest project for Sketches in Thyme using the following sketch.  I'm still in Valentines day mode and fell madly in love with Doodlebug Design's Cream and Sugar line.  When the papers arrived at my house, all the sugary treats on the papers reminded me of these pictures I took of my younger daughter when she was a baby.  My daughter has food allergies.  Although she is allergic to milk and egg, this child has a massive sweet tooth.  Over the years, I have become quite the food detective and have learned a variety of ways to make baked goods that are safe for her.  I've also found all sorts of other goodies such as soy ice cream (which is all over her face in these pictures) that tastes just like super creamy regular ice cream.  I've learned to substitute applesauce for eggs when making cookies and cakes. So long story short, she eats all the junk we do, although a healthier version of it! 



1 comment: