Monday, April 24, 2017

SOCCER

This is my latest project for "Use your Stuff" challenge blog using a sketch from Shawn Stiles Lahr for Sketches in Thyme.  When I saw that the challenge included layering paper with circles, I knew Shawn's sketch would be perfect.  Last month, my daughter had a soccer tournament in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.  It was cold, windy, drizzling rain, and the threat of snow loomed all weekend.  Yet despite the awful weather, my daughter and her team did an incredible job.  The final game ended in penalty kicks.  Although her team did not win, the girls handled themselves with such grace and sportsmanship; it was an awesome, yet cold, event to witness.  Also during the weekend, I went to a place I've always heard about and wanted to visit for myself; Your Scrapbook Superstore in Sevierville, Tennessee.  It was everything I thought it would be.  I could have spent hours lost in the store, but being between soccer games, I had to be fast.  One of my finds while exploring the store were the soccer cut outs I used to anchor the pictures along with Echo Park's Soccer Collection papers.  I also used a touch of Doodlebug's Limeade Petite Prints paper along with Scrapbook Customs Chalkboard Sports "Soccer" paper in small doses to accent the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment