Monday, April 10, 2017

SPRING



This is my first project for my new design team "Use Your Stuff" challenge blog.  The theme for this project was "flowers, " and being the seasonal scrapbooker that I am, I decided to "spring" into this project with a spring themed page.  This picture...it warms and breaks my heart simultaneously.  My baby was five in this picture.  She wore dresses, let me do her hair, and happily allowed me to take her picture.  Now she's one month from being sixteen, prefers jeans and leggings, still has incredible hair, but does not allow me to take any pictures of her yet takes a million selfies a day.  As trite as it sounds, I literally blinked and she turned into a vivacious, sassy, fun almost adult.  On the day her Dad took this picture, she was posing in her Grandma's flower beds when the daises decided to bloom.  She was so excited to play with the vintage looking watering can.  She was Daddy's Little Girl and was more than happy to give him a huge smile during this impromptu photo shoot.  To pull this project together, I used a sketch from Bev Code, one of my design team friends and colleagues at Sketches in Thyme.  Her sketches are perfect for the busy scrapbooker; they are easy to translate and fun to design with.  Finally, the papers are from the Paper Studio at Hobby Lobby's "Ninth Street" collection.  For the "flower" element, I used shades of turquoise flowers from the Paper Studio as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment