Monday, April 10, 2017

TAKE A TRIP




This is my latest creation for The Memory Nest using the following sketch.  My daughter got her temporary license at the end of November, and whenever she hears the garage door open, she asks,
"Can I drive?"  Although the thought of her driving on her own scares me to death, overall she is doing a good job figuring out how to navigate the roads.  On Christmas Day, my brother snapped this picture of her getting ready to drive us home. I love how happy she looks; seems like yesterday she was driving her Barbie Jeep around the neighborhood, and now she's driving my Honda!  To pull this project together, I used Photo Play's "Boarding Pass" papers.  And to "drive home" the driving them, I decided to make intersecting roads to highlight the picture. 

3 comments:

  1. Ooo! Super page. Love the way you've created a sort of grid round the photo and the banner of flags is a fabulous touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love, love this!
    My favorite part is the "route and speed limit signs" strip being hugged by the red and white gingham strips... so striking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your take on the sketch!! The products you used are fabulous with the picture!!

    ReplyDelete