Monday, November 13, 2017

HAPPY HALLOWTHANKSMAS

This is my latest project for Use Your Stuff.  For our challenge this week, we were asked to use five different pattern papers on our project.  As I was surfing around on Pinterest, this sketch from my former DT "2 Broke Girls" caught my eye.  This is my daughters and mine favorite time of the year.  When October 1st arrived, my oldest started watching all her favorite Halloween movies.  The first full weekend of October, I came downstairs one afternoon to this...My youngest daughter dug out all the Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas decorations and decorated the mantle.  She looked at me and said, "Happy Hallowthanksmas!"  I loved it!  I'm not sure if we are going to take down decorations as each holiday passes or if we are going to keep everything up until the New Year.  But until then, we are enjoying snowmen mixed with skeletons.   When I was brainstorming this project, I wanted to use different holiday theme paper, but didn't want it to look too busy.  Doodlebug Design is my go to scrapbook paper because I love how all the different lines go together.  I liked how this sketch uses small bits of paper, and I thought Doodlebug Halloween, Fall, and Christmas paper would be perfect to accent this picture of our Happy Hallowthanksmas décor.

No comments:

Post a Comment